What you need to know to place an order
Our online ordering system is provided to allow you an easier time ordering products from us and reduce the time it takes for us to fill your order.
It is important to note that this system does not include tracking of your payment options. Our staff will make contact with you based on the information you provide to establish your payment method. If you have ordered from us before you can continue to order as you have done in the past.
Most often, we carry only one (1) or two (2) of an item in-store, but we will always attempt to fill backorders. Items listed on our site are not necessarily in stock at this time, but are available for special request if we are sold out.
Please note the following restrictions, guidelines and options:
- Payment must be made in Canadian Funds. If you use a credit card, the exchange rate will automatically be done for you by the credit card company. This will appear on your monthly statement.
- In addition to our ordering system you may place your orders via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), traditional snail mail (see contact info), fax (604-273-8916) or phone (local: 604-273-4427, toll-free: 1-877-273-4427).
- We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards, by telephone or fax.
- Paying by money order, we accept money orders in Canadian Funds payable to:
#115 - 6080 Russ Baker Way
- We also accept payments via Paypal. Once your order is filled, we can contact you with a Paypal Invoice, if you prefer. You can use this invoice to make an electronic payment.
- All prices are subject to change without notice.
- When paying by credit card you must fax 604-273-8916 with a statement and signature authorizing the purchase. For example: I, John Smith, hereby authorize Imperial Hobbies to use my card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) #0000 0000 0000 0000, exp. date (xx MONTH 20xx), for mail order purchase of $xx.xx. Then add your signature and the date.
- If you do not have access to a fax machine, you may send the above information via e-mail to: email@example.com. If you choose this method, please separate your card number across two (2) e-mails for security reasons.
- When paying by money order please verify the item(s) is/are available prior to sending.
- If the product is unavailable for any reason you will be contacted by telephone or e-mail. All orders will be processed as soon as possible.
- We will not accept returns, except if there is a manufacturer's defect in the product. If this should occur, we or the manufacturer, will gladly exchange the item for another of the same kind. You may e-mail Imperial Hobbies for the information on how to contact the manufacturer yourself, or if you wish Imperial Hobbies to take back the item, you will be responsible for all postal charges in returning it to Imperial Hobbies.
- We will try to keep our catalogue as up-to-date as possible, but please keep in mind that availability and prices of items are subject to change without notice.
- If you inadvertently receive an item you did not order, please e-mail us and then return the item to us, unopened and undamaged. You will receive an exchange for the correct item. We will cover all postal charges for the correct item.
- We cannot be held responsible for any damage which occurs during shipping or any lost shipments. Please notify us if you want the order to be insured before shipping. Insurance coverage is payable by you. In the event of any damage or loss, it is your responsibility to contact the post office or courier company for reimbursement. We are not responsible for orders that do not arrive to their destinations, via the postal system. It is strongly suggested that the purchaser buy insurance or security register the order. Please note that our Post Office will not insure small parcels or parcels to certain countries. Please inquire whether or not insurance is available for your order.
- Once we receive your order we will process it as completely as possible. We will then e-mail, fax or mail you, detailing what is to be sent, the price and date of shipment.
- For international customers we will not accept returns on products that violate local laws or regulations. Please check that the products you are ordering are lawful in your area.
- All prices on our website are listed in Canadian Funds.
- All Canadian orders will be charged 5% GST (as of January 1, 2008).
- All British Columbian orders will be charged both GST and 7% PST.
Shipping and handling costs
- All shipping will be done by surface mail delivery, unless otherwise requested.
Please ask for quote on all airmail delivery charges.
Small items, such as after-market decal sets will be charged a lower shipping rate than the parcel rate listed below; this charge will be listed in our reply e-mail.
- Within British Columbia — Shipping and handling is $13 for parcels weighing under 1 kg and $18 for all others. Heavy parcels will be billed as per Canada Post's website calculations.
5% GST will be applied to shipping charges.
- Within Canada, Outside BC — Shipping and handling is $15 for parcels weighing under 1kg and $22 for all others. Heavy parcels will be billed as per Canada Post's website calculations.
5% GST will be applied to shipping charges.
- Continental USA and Alaska — Shipping and handling is $17 for parcels weighing under 1kg (approx. 2.20 pounds) and $25 for parcels weighing between 1kg to 2kg, and $32 for all parcels weighing in between 2kg to 4kg. Parcels weighing over 4kg will be charged extra.
- International & Hawaii — Shipping and handling will be calculated using Canada Post's website as a guide and both surface and air options will be listed and the client may choose which they prefer.
- Sorry, we cannot accept COD orders.
- All duties and import taxes for international orders are the responsibility of the customer.